Friday, November 28, 2014

Rejection isn't all bad! Let it fuel the fire.

               I've never put myself out there to the world. What I mean is that I don't do much unless I know for a fact that I will get it. I never went out for a team in school out of fear of rejection, and I never had many friends. I wasn't very good in school and I didn't try. I'm not a book smart person and never thought it could be changed, until recently. I'm constantly surrounded by people who are in school or wanting to better them selves and very thankful for that. If these people that I'm surrounded by never wanted to better themselves I probably wouldn't be upset about being denied acceptance to WVU. I think WVU is a great college, not because it's a party school but because the unity you feel just walking around campus is overwhelming, I really feel like i could excel in this environment, but sadly I will not be attending the spring semester as I had planned.

        Rather than being upset and letting it drag me down I've decided to use it as fuel, something to push me into being a better student and let it build me to figure out what I want in life. Hopefully things work out to my advantage, and if not... it won't stop me. I moved out of my house, I'm an independent woman now, nothing can bring me down and I know my accomplishments only need to be proven to myself. Yes I wanted to be able to go home and say "Hey, guys I did something good" but you know what, my family loves me and is proud of me for doing everything on my own, and so am I.
I'm still gonna love and support WVU regaurdless of where I am. I fell in love, this school is the underdog and they have a place in this Florida girl's heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment